After more than two years of development and testing, and two more in the hands of the fishing public, the Ross™ F1™ has revolutionized modern fly reel design. A complete departure from conventional thinking, it also incorporates the most innovative features found in any fly reel available today.
The F1TM... a fly reel revolution!
Frame/Spool Material 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
* Manufacturing Specifications Fully machined, 1 piece frame, 1 piece spool - manufactured on automated CNC machining centers
* Drag Material Carbon fiber and Stainless Steel - space-age synthetic that is durable, heat resistant and maintenance free
* Drag Mechanism Carbon fiber and stainless steel interface - 8-point friction system with reversible clutch bearing engagement and seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no start-up friction)
* Spool Rotation, Connection and Conversion Stainless steel spindle rotating inside of fully sealed, stainless steel ball bearings, quick release locking spool, easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
* Finish Anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
* Fly Rod Coverage 2wt. - 9wt.
* Fishing Application Designed for use in all freshwater, warmwater and saltwater fishing environments
* Available Colors Black, Nickel Silver, Guide Finish
* Lifetime Warranty
#1 2/3wt WF3 30yards backing
#1.5 3/4wt WF4 65yards backing
#2 4/5wt WF5 75yards backing
#3 5/7wt WF6 150yards backing
#4 7/9wt WF8 200yards backing
#5 10/12wt WF10 275yards backing