F1 #5 NOT AVAILABLE IN GUIDE FINISH
After more than two years of design, development and testing, we are pleased to introduce the F1TM - a large arbor series that is destined to revolutionize modern fly reel design. The F1 is a complete departure from conventional thinking and incorporates the most innovative features found in any fly reel. Inspired by Formula 1 race car brake systems, the F1 is an integration of carbon fiber and stainless steel; utilizing eight independent contact points to produce the smoothest and most dependable drag system on the market today. Two square inches of carbon fiber drag surface results in unsurpassed stopping power and heat dissipation. The spool fits on a carbon fiber stabilizer with two fully sealed stainless steel ball bearings that provide precision fit and smooth rotation. The F1 employs a Ross original clutch bearing that is fully sealed and enables retrieve conversion without removing the bearing- an industry first! The extensive use of carbon fiber in the drag system, spool stabilizer, handle and spool release produce system strength and rigidity, while at the same time reducing overall weight. Ten separate o-rings completely seal the system, making it totally impervious to the drag-changing effects of water. The F1 employs a constant-torque drag knob with a 56:1 mechanical advantage; resulting in uniform drag knob rotation and infinite drag adjustment.
The F1TM... a fly reel revolution!
Frame/Spool Material 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
* Manufacturing Specifications Fully machined, 1 piece frame, 1 piece spool - manufactured on automated CNC machining centers
* Drag Material Carbon fiber and Stainless Steel - space-age synthetic that is durable, heat resistant and maintenance free
* Drag Mechanism Carbon fiber and stainless steel interface - 8-point friction system with reversible clutch bearing engagement and seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no start-up friction)
* Spool Rotation, Connection and Conversion Stainless steel spindle rotating inside of fully sealed, stainless steel ball bearings, quick release locking spool, easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
* Finish Anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
* Fly Rod Coverage 2wt. - 9wt.
* Fishing Application Designed for use in all freshwater, warmwater and saltwater fishing environments
* Available Colors Black, Nickel Silver, Guide Finish
* Lifetime Warranty
#1 WF3 50yards backing
#1.5 WF4 85yards backing
#2 WF5 100yards backing
#3 WF6 175yards backing
#4 WF8 200yards backing